Economic Justice Campaign Manager
Economic Justice Campaign Manager
CPD builds organizing power to transform the local, state, and the national policy landscape through deep, long-term partnerships with leading community organizing groups and progressive labor unions nationwide.
We seek an experienced and energetic professional who can overcome obstacles and work in a fast paced environment. A strong candidate need not bring immediate expertise on minimum mage, but must have strong management skills, effective leadership qualities, and experience driving local policy campaigns and/or coordination of national issue campaigns.
The Economic Justice Campaign Manager reports directly to CPD’s Co-Director of Campaigns and will be responsible for working closely with partner organizations to develop and execute field campaign plans. In addition to providing technical assistance and managing others who are driving local campaigns, the Campaign Manager will work closely with communications, research and digital staff, as well as national policy advocacy organizations to implement a comprehensive strategy to win increases to the minimum wage.
Washington, DC or New York City
The candidate will report to CPD’s Campaigns Co-Director and will:
- Oversee and provide leadership for the development of multiple local and state minimum wage campaigns that include public education and issue elevation; worker engagement and mobilization; diverse coalitions (including faith, small businesses, labor, and community); and cutting-edge use of technology (data management systems to track constituent engagement, mapping of turf, polling, etc.) and social media.
- Assist partner organizations in the development and implementation of state, and local campaigns. We are looking in particular for candidates who have experience with innovative and rigorous approaches to campaigning, and the management expertise and relational nuance to work with state and local organizations in building out such campaigns.
- Support partners to build effective coalitions (including community groups, labor, faith, small businesses, women’s organizations, etc.) with clear decision-making structures (including executive committees that meet regularly) and systems of communication with coalition members of campaign progress and key decision points.
- Help plan and execute national days of action, rallies, marches, and other high-visibility activities.
- Engage and coordinate with national advocacy organizations and elected officials to ensure campaigns share strategy and information, deploy the most effective tactics, and generate national momentum and attention to the issue.
- Support national integration and collaboration through all-campaign meetings, regular sub-group calls (communications, field, research, etc.).
- Build campaigns in ways that increase the knowledge, expertise, experience and capacity of our state and local partners.
- Participate in regular meetings of the full CPD staff team.
- Minimum 5 years organizing experience (labor or community, or non-candidate electoral);
- Experience leading organizing campaigns and or/policy campaigns with national significance or impact;
- Understanding of issues facing communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
- Experience building and working with broad-based issue coalitions;
- Comfort with the implementation of a range of campaign strategies and tactics, ranging from legislative campaigns to corporate campaigns, from electoral work to digital organizing;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills - good attention to detail and well organized;
- Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently and overcome obstacles;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred but not required.
Applicant will ideally, though not necessarily, be based in Washington, D.C. or New York
Generous salary and benefits package, depending on experience.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.