Join the fight to take back our communities! Common Good Ohio is seeking a Community Organizer to build power through people and to fight for social and economic change in Cleveland.
Ohio has three of the most economically distressed cities in the country and unemployment in communities of color is still almost three times the rest of Ohio. Here in Cleveland, the only way to create real change in our communities is to unite and empower those who have been left behind.
As a community organizer with Common Good Ohio, you will have the responsibility of recruiting, organizing, and working with neighborhood members in Cleveland to fight for stronger and healthier communities.
About Common Good Ohio:
Common Good Ohio is a member driven 501c4 non-profit founded in 2012, working with individuals to fight for stronger and healthier communities. We believe that every voice should be respected and heard. We work to empower low-income, working class people through grassroots organizing and advocacy. Our members identify issues impacting our communities and develop strategies that help advance our communities.
Applicants must have:
- At least 1 year of organizing experience in labor, community, student or political organizations or campaigns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Commitment to the social justice movement and passion for winning change for low-income people
- Ability to organize and build neighborhood-based community groups
- Ability to organize community members to take action on multiple issues for local neighborhood campaigns as well as city and statewide campaigns
- Must be able to work independently and manage a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and be detail-orientated
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to fundraise and sign up members for CGO
- Ability to use Google Docs, Excel, Powerpoint, VAN, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- People of Color strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates should email your resume and cover letter to Phenderson@commongoodohio.org with the subject line "Community Organizer"