Canvass Support Associate, Sustainability Initiative
About CPD: The Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. CPD works to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda.
About the Position: CPD is seeking a seasoned canvass director with experience in community organizing with to join our Sustainability Initiative - a new, game-changing, national canvass program in partnership with CPD affiliate organizations in multiple cities throughout the country. These individuals will help us set up new grassroots field offices and support existing offices to build membership and raise money for community organizations building power in low-income communities of color, and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in grassroots organizing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, revolutionize how non-profits raise money and win campaigns, and move up in both pay and position in a fast growing operation.
Primary Responsibilities: The Support Associate will:
- Recruit and Develop Leaders: Help launch new programs by conducting outreach, interviewing prospective management staff, and assist the National Field Lead in training managers and leaders to support new programs;
- Transform Social Change: Be part of a team where your voice, and your ideas, matter and make a difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in America;
- Raise Money and Build Membership: Help Canvass Directors meet their office objectives and canvass in the field as needed to train new and experienced staff and meet personal and office fundraising requirements, and recruit new active members for our partner organizations to help build our power-in-numbers approach to organizing
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times; and
- Support a network of Innovative Field Programs: Work with canvass directors to carefully track income and expenses and manage a budget. Analyze performance and consult on strategy. Test new technologies to streamline door-to-door organizing and fundraising.
Job Requirements: We are seeking a seasoned leader and organizer with strong references who is interested in growing the canvass operation into a credible powerhouse for fundraising, member engagement and mobilization in 2016. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 to 2 years of fundraising and/or membership canvassing experience. Candidates should also have:
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, strong analysis of systemic oppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, and an understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
- Excellent organizational skills and good attention to detail;
- A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences
- Willingness and ability to relocate and/or travel for these positions
Strong benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter through our hiring portal https://cpd.hiringthing.com/job/41823/canvass-support-associate-sustainability-initiative
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.